Challenged America is looking for volunteers with the following skills:
- Adobe Dreamweaver
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
to help us design, maintain and develop our WordPress website, social media platforms (Facebook, You Tube, twitter)
Challenged America is looking for footage and photos of the 2003 and 2005 Transpac
Equipment Wish List:
- Quality sail and power, all sizes, fiberglass and wood.
Offshore racing or cruiser-racer sailboat able to accommodate a crew of between 10 and 15 (50 feet or larger) for cruising and offshore racing – e.g., Transpacific Yacht Race, Tahiti Race, Cabo Race and educational cruises to Catalina and Mexico, etc. Outdated, modified (former) racer, or wooden/classic sailboat, in good condition, most welcome.
Receive a 100% tax deduction of the donated vessel’s current (qualified) appraisal at a tax write-off if used in the Challenged America program
- First Aid Kits for the motor yacht “Challenged America” and chase boat.
- Wooden Captain’s Chairs (2)
- Boat Soap (Green).
- Bottled (16 oz. or less) water for the Challenged America boats and office.
- Acquire a new Sip n Puff steering device for sailors with physical disabilities ($6,900 est.).
- Spinnaker poles and gear for the Martin 16 sailboats.
- Spinnakers (8) for the Martin 16 sailboats.
- Vehicle for office/program use– pickup truck, van, or fuel-efficient car.
Receive a 100% tax deduction of the donated vessel’s current (qualified) appraisal at a tax write-off if used in the Challenged America program. Broker listings welcome.
- Unwanted/unused marine products, gear, equipment, sails, parts, electronics.
- Outboard engines (3 HP to 40 hp, long- or standard-shaft.
- Electric (portable) bilge pump.
- Hand pump
- Portable Marine Radios and Battery Chargers (for our small boat program).
- Life Rafts – from 4- to 20-person.
- Life Jackets for kids and adults.
- T-shirts with one side clean for silk-screening – business or corporate logo on other side OK.
- Sailing Gloves.
- Large boat/dock bumpers (for vessels over 30 feet in length).
- Donated printing services for flyers and brochures.
- Coffee for office.
- Auction and raffle items for upcoming events – gift certificates, lodging, show and sports admission tickets, goods and services, artwork, collectibles, etc.
** All donations to Challenged America are tax deductible to the full extent the law allows.