Challenged America is a free adaptive and rehabilitative sailing program and we rely heavily on our volunteers and supporters to fund our operations, keep our boats safe and up to date, invest in more boats for the disabled and adaptive equipment to make them more accessible. By doing so, you will help people overcome their disabilities and help them move forward towards recovery.
How can you help? There are many ways in which you can help:
You can help us spread the word, that’s free and easy
- You can go on our Facebook page and click on the “Like” button
- You can invite your friends to “like” our Facebook page
- You can click on the “Like” button to share our pages and postings with your friends
- At the bottom of each page and articles, you can click on buttons that will help you share articles and pages of interest with your friends
- You can tweet or retweet our articles
- You can go on our You Tube channel and become friend of our channel, or subscribe to our channel, you will get a notice when new videos are posted
- You can forward our newsletter to your friends
You can volunteer:
We are looking for people who want to help, to contribute
- You can volunteer your time in the office
- You can become a Volunteer Companion, sail with and coach our participants
- You can help us clean and maintain the boats
- You can help us designing marketing material, we are looking for volunteers who can help with HTML5, Iframe, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Dreamweaver
Join the Challenged America volunteer group on Facebook
You can help us financially
- You can make a tax deductible donation to Challenged America through our page or you can mail us a check. it’s tax deductible and you will help a great cause
- You can contact your employer’s HR department and ask if they have a program to match employee donations
- You can ask if the businesses you deal with would help us by contributing services
We receive boat donations year round. Some of the boats are adapted and used in our program. Some of the donated boats do not fit our program or cannot be successfully adapted for the use by sailors with disabilities.
We put these boats back on the market at very attractive prices and the revenues from the sales help fund our program.
Call us to find out if we have your dream boat.
Boat and vehicle donation program:
Many, in all income tax brackets, have discovered that donating their quality vessel to a qualified charity can be a sound financial and savvy strategy.
Donating your boat to a “Qualified User Non Profit” like Challenged America, and the keyword here is “user”, you could receive a much higher tax deduction. Depending on the condition of the donated boat or vehicle, and if we use it in our program, you could get a tax deduction as high as the appraised or market value of your boat, see IRS publication 526 on charitable donation, under exception #1 (page 8, column 2)
We would be happy to put you in contact with our CPA who can give you all the information and new IRS rules to help you make an informed decision and receive the most benefits from your donation.