As always, planning a sailing calendar at Challenged America tends to be dependent upon funding and other resources, to include what boats we have, and the volunteers available. Under consideration for the 2012 calendar are:
- San Diego to Puerto Vallarta or Cabo San Lucas ocean race (March, 2012).
- Martin 16 (Two-Day) Race to Chula Vista Yacht Club/Marina (April 21/22, 2012).
- Monthly or bi-Monthly Martin 16 Race Training and Races.
- Local Big Bay Races in “Casual” – the Santana 25.
- Newport-Ensenada, Border Run, and other offshore/coastal races.
- Multi-day cruise to Catalina.
- Class for sailing instructors: “Martin 16 Certification.”
- Captain (Basics 101) Training on Grand Banks 42 and Donzi, by The Maritime Institute.
- Power Squadron, Offshore Sailing Safety and First Aid Educational Programs.
- Sailing Camps for those with disabilities and/or having: Diabetes; Spinal Cord Injury/Disease, Epilepsy, mobility and communications challenges, Learning Disabilities, Developmental Disabilities, and youth with disabilities.
- Day-On-The-Big-Bay cruises, whale watching and other educational excursions aboard the motor yacht “Challenged America”- a Grand Banks 42.
Is there another special program you’d like to see and can participate in and help? Let us know.